Latest Movie :

Fitness Challenge - Let's get started


Fitness Challenge
Start Date:          Now
End Date:            December 15
Goals:   Whatever you want them to be

Welcome to the Advizor 8 week fitness challenge!!!  *Whoo hoo*  (the crowd goes wild).
Inspired by a friend, who shall remain nameless unless he/she/they out themselves in comments, I am going to be blogging about fitness and exercise and all that healthy crap on each Monday from now until December 17!  *Whoo Hoo*  (more motivational cheering from the crowd).

With the “Eating Season” upon us in just 10 days (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Hanukah, Christmas, Kwanza, Boxing Day, New Year’s Eve and other pagan holidays), I figured I better get my pudgy belly in to gear, in to the gym, and out of the kitchen. 

“Why December 15?” did I hear you ask?

“I’ll tell you” I heard myself think.

My friend is going to run a 5K race on that day, her first in a long, long time.  This friend of mine is B-E-A-utiful, but feels like she’s let her schedule get the best of her and needs to rededicate herself to keeping herself healthy.  Don’t we all, let’s hear it for her folks (give me your best Dr. Phil clap here). 
What does that mean for the rest of us?

It means we are getting off the couch, out of the computer chair, off our butts, and in to the gym, park, garage, YMCA, or cycling studio to get moving.  It means we are eating better, eating less, being thoughtful about our eating, and NOT letting our food control us.  Right?  Am I right or am I right? 

Let’s hear it for me!!!!!

OK, so this is our challenge.

1 – Set a goal at can be reached by December 15. 
                This can be to complete an actual race 1K, 5K, 10K, ½ marathon, full marathon.  
Your choice.
It can be to reach a pant size, a total number of workouts, a certain # of miles walked, laps swum (swim, swam, swum, right?) or times you walked around the block. 

To use an old saying, goals should be SMART

We are only doing this for 8 weeks, none of us are going to be doing an Ironman before  New Years, so let’s make it fun, reasonable, and realistic.  (I’m not going to be up to a mile swim at the end, but maybe 20 laps without stopping (if my shoulder holds out).

2 – Write the goal down!!!
“A goal not written is just a wish.”
You have to write it down where you will see it every day.  EVERY DAY, so put it with your vibrator.

3 – You have to share the goal with someone in real life.
I would love to have you share your goals here in comments, on your own blog/twitter/tumblr etc. But, that doesn’t count as much as sharing it with someone you know and trust and will gently and lovingly hold you accountable to your goal or spank you when you are bad.

If they can set a goal to work on at the same time, all the better.  Most studies show (a phrase used by people with no statistical proof) that people who work out together are more prone to achieve their goals and they tend to masturbate more, so it’s a Win/Win.

4 – You have to update us each Monday.
OK, you don’t HAVE to, but a weekly check-in is a great way to stay motivated.

In summary!!!
Come along with me.  Get moving, get active, get healthier in some way.  We have 10 weeks before the start of a New Year (begging forgiveness from my Hebrew, Coptic, and Babylonian friends, and hoping the Mayans were wrong).

Wouldn’t it be nice to start the new year a little healthier, a little happier, a feeling a little less like we have one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel?

Here are my goals (and remember, we are all starting from different places!  This is a guilt free zone.
1 – Get to the Gym 4 days during the week and run on Saturday.
2 – Take my lunch 3 of 5 working days (save $$ and calories)
3 – Stay under my calorie allotment as calculated on www.loseit.com 5 days a week
4 – Be in bed by 11:00 PM Sunday – Wednesday

I’m still searching for a race on December 15 that’s not 50 miles from home, so I’ll update that goal later.

PLEASE join us!!!!!
And let me hear from you in comments!

Xoxo
A54



Share this article :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2011. oncall sex for life - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger