Latest Movie :

The aftermath of being hit with a truck

This has been so fun, y'all. Lemme tell you...

Yesterday I had this ghastly headache that began about 15 minutes after I got rear-ended, and it continued for hours (ended up lasting until I woke up this morning, and now it's beginning again), so I finally called my doctor back and told his nurse what was up with me. I was having jaw pain along with it, which I am very familiar with (this comes from being thrown off a horse years ago). She advised me to just go to the ER at Swedish, since they'd have to send me there anyway for scans if I came in. Luckily there was a Swedish ER in Edmonds, which is close to where I live, so I went to that one.

They took some x-rays of me and did a CT scan of my brain, and the good news is that I'm not dying. The kind of obvious news is that I have a little whiplash, and I'm supposed to treat it with Ibuprofen and possibly massage therapy if the guy's insurance will pay for it. We shall see. My neck is killing me today. The muscles are so sore from getting whipped around. I took some Ibuprofen, and I'm hoping it will heal up quickly. At least the horrible headache is much less today.

Amusingly, I don't think anyone told the discharge nurse what I was there for, because she started to tell me about what can cause headaches and offered me this list of different kinds of headaches.

Her: So headaches can stem from a whole bunch of different sources, and it could be just tension or-

Me: I got hit by a truck. (I didn't mean to be rude by interrupting, but I also didn't want to listen to a lecture intended for hypochondriacs.)

Her: What?

Me: I was rear-ended by a truck today. I know exactly why I have this headache.

Her: Huh. Well, yeah, that would cause it.

Me: Yep. I'm only here because I wanted to make sure there wasn't anything seriously wrong with me.

Her: That's a very good idea.

Then she gave me the paperwork and suggested I have the guy's insurance pay for massage therapy, which I will look into. Sigh. Thank you all for the kind comments. I promise I'm not dying. xoxo
Share this article :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2011. oncall sex for life - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger