Latest Movie :

Shopping Revelation


I'm not playing with TMI today, the questions are serious and I can't be funny or snarky with Prostate Cancer and I wouldn't even know where to start.  Well, I guess I could start at the bottom and work my way up.

The real topic is kind of a downer so I'll keep it short.  I had $50 in birthday cash from my dad and a $25 gift card to Barnes & Noble book store.  I took 2 of my kids and went shopping.  They were armed with gift cards of their own and were dashing excitedly between Harry Potter, Ninjago, and "regular" Lego sets, I wandered the aisles for inspirations.

Non-fiction, historical fiction, romance, science fiction, how-to, design, creative, artsy, stationary, cool pens, cool bookmarks, the coffee shop, inspirational, new Age, test prep, college prep, more stationary, kid games, adult games (they didn't have the one I hoped they had), art supplies, craft supplies, the information desk, the bargain bin, the sales rack, the new releases....

I went through them all and didn't see a thing that made me want to spend money.

Books - no time to read
Art - no time, no talent
Games - no friends
Puzzles - no patience
How To - uh, no.
Gardening - no time
Sex help - read the blog, you'll get this one

The more I looked the deeper my money got tucked away in my pocket.  Nothing appealed to me, it was a very discouraging day.  Have I become so boring as to bore myself?

No time, no energy, no interest.

I'm sure it will pass, but with money to spend, I couldn't think of anything I wanted to spend it on.

Kind of freaked me out.

Oh well, I can always buy new running shoes.
Share this article :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2011. oncall sex for life - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger