Latest Movie :

Just a flash of fiction....

While there was no official Flash Fiction Friday today, I wanted to say something, but I find myself strangely passive when it comes to fiction these days. Maybe there is plenty of real life drama (nothing serious, but the job hunt, being at home, no privacy, a crazy sister-in-law etc), that writing long erotic pieces doesn't make it to the top of the priority list.

I browse through the beautiful pictures on Tumblr for inspiration, but they are all too perfect, to posed, to porn-star, too self-aware.  There is no story behind them.

Occasionally one appears that catches my eye.  While all of them are unique, none of them are different.  They play on variations of  theme, beauty, passion, lust, control, dominance, tenderness.  Some styles are harsh, others are soft and subtle, some are brightly lit and just scream out "Put me in Hustler!"  Others whisper their seductive thoughts.

Some tumblrs have a very specific theme, while others offer a wide range of the same thing.  But what is missing?  Why can I page through endless pictures of beautiful women and not feel a thing?  Because they don't tell a story.

The idea behind flash fiction, it's genius, is in the pictures chosen.  The intrigue, the invitation to open the door instead of unzip your pants. 

A good picture captures a moment,
a sexy picture captures a mood,
but a great picture asks you a question. 

What's next, where is she going?  Who is waiting for her? Is she arriving or leaving?
And where did she get those fabulous shoes?

I like flash fiction because it challenges me, it gets me out of the self-selected pictures that know I'm going to like, and make me deal with someone else's ideas.  It's a great exercise, a lot of fun, and yes, occasionally it does involve the unzipping of pants.

Have a great weekend!!
Share this article :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2011. oncall sex for life - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger