Latest Movie :

I love Sundays. And Saturdays. And Friday nights.

I am lounging shamelessly in my new pajamas while I type this. It's a beautifully lazy Sunday morning (morning still, thanks to daylight savings!), and I am perfectly content. Purr...

My sister finished up her externship on Friday and headed back to Pullman, so we're back to our honeymoon state. It was lovely to have her visiting, but it's also great to have the place to ourselves again. I can't tell you how fun it is to contemplate all these first holidays together!

Friday night I sang through Good Enough using the mic with just the accompaniment for the first time, and while the music side needs a little fixing before it's ready, it sounded pretty good! (Sounded good enough, hah! :p) If you don't like Evanescence, you probably won't like this, but it doesn't really sound like most of their stuff. It strikes me as rather contemplative. It's just piano, strings, and a trombone chorale Patrick is inserting that he created by recording and overdubbing himself. I think it's a very pretty piece, and it's not technically challenging, so it's a great piece to begin doing this with. This is particularly true because I haven't had lessons or really practiced in a while. When we've got it ready, I'll either post it on here or just ask people who are interested to email me with something like Good Enough in the subject so I know who I should bother sending it to.

Nothing much came of the doctor appointment on Thursday. He said that it could be a stone or just some sort of unspecified inflammation, and there wasn't a lot I could do about it. They didn't have the technology at UW to dilate the gland's opening and fish around in there, and the nearest equipment is in Portland, Oregon. He wasn't sure if the ultrasound people knew how to do the stone-breaking technique, or if it would even work. I could have surgery to take the gland out, but it'd be incredibly risky since I've already had surgery there, and I'd run a really high risk of having half of my face not work anymore since the nerve would probably get irreparably damaged. I vetoed that immediately. I'd rather put up with pain than have only half a functioning face. It was bad enough when that nerve was bruised and it took a couple weeks for my right side to work again. You can't smile correctly or really open your mouth. You also can't raise your right eyebrow or close your eyes tightly. It's weird. None of that.

I'm in for yet another appointment about the anxiety on Tuesday. The doctor canceled the last one because he was out sick. Oh wait, no, it's because he hadn't read the thing he asked me to write for him yet. AND he was out sick. Except the secretary could put me on hold go ask him IN THE CLINIC when he thought he'd have it read... People, come on. I am such a much better liar than y'all. If you're going to lie, at least give me some credit and do it right. /eyeroll

Despite that annoyance, I'm going in on Tuesday to see if he'll continue the prescription for Ambien for me, since that actually seems to help when I need it, and if he will write me a script for 1 month of 10mg/day Prazosin with the option to contact him and have him call in additional refills if it works. If it doesn't work, I'll just let it lapse. But I don't have time for repeated doctor appointments. Work is getting crazier and crazier, and I simply have too many things to do that require me to be present for the entire day. If he can't do that, I'll just say the hell with it and deal with it. I've dealt with it for nearly 31 years so far, and I can manage until everything cools down enough again that I have time for repeated appointments.

Birthday's in a week! Woohoo! This will be the first birthday of mine that Patrick and I will have celebrated together, and I'm excited. I don't even care if we don't do anything, although hopefully my dress (plus hat!) will have shown up by then, and there are murmurings of possibly a night at the symphony. Curiously, that evening the symphony is being conducted by someone who Patrick played for, whilst performing a piece that he played for that guy back when he was in the Civic Orchestra in Chicago. It's all very déjà vu...

I was going to buy some black furry slippers that the Nordstrom catalog promised were in stock, but it LIED, so we went over to Macy's to have a look at what they had. The only ones there were by Jessica Simpson, who I cordially despise for a variety of reasons, so I refrained. Yes, I can be very petty sometimes. I am now going to troll the internet for black furry slippers. By God, I will have some, and they will not have her name on them!

If anyone remembers the firewood scented Henri Bendel candle that Bath & Body Works used to sell, I am sad to report that it is no longer being carried there. However, they have one called Fireside that smells almost identical. We got some beautiful candle holders at Fireworks in University Village on Friday evening (we were out treating Kim to some goodbye cocoa from Fran's Chocolates), and I made sure to get a Fireside candle that would smell wonderful inside the holder! I have one big one and one little one. While the little one is only suitable for a tealight, the bigger one can hold up to a pillar. They are both very similar, with frosted white glass on the outside and the darker outlines of leafless winter trees on the inside, which the light from the candles shines through. They're really quite lovely. Let me see if I can find a picture or two....
Bigger size, about the same as a really huge single-wick pillar.
Smaller one, perfect for cheap tealights!
These are the two I got. They look so nice when it's dark in the house and just the candles are lit! Very wintery feeling. They're pretty inexpensive, too. The bigger one was $18.50 and the smaller was $12.50. I love when nice things are also affordable. I tried on an assortment of stupid hats to the vast amusement of Patrick, and purchased exactly none of them. Despite being a hat person, I don't really wear them very much. They make my head too hot. Maybe it's all the hair. I will leave you with a stunning picture of this escapade.

Forgive the hair. That's what naturally drying curly hair will do for you.
May all your days come to a close with chocolate.
Share this article :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2011. oncall sex for life - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger