As those of you who read this blog know, I'm.... not fond of traffic around here. That's putting it politely. I'm sure every place has its problems with drivers, but here we seem to have a disproportionate number of asshats. We have aggressive drivers, people who insist on driving in the carpool lane whilst not being a carpool AND THEN CUTTING OVER INTO THE OTHER LANE WHILE HOLDING UP TRAFFIC.
NOW I'M ALL SHOUTY. SEE?
Anyway, yeah, this enrages me. So this morning I was deeply pleased to see cops stationed at various points along the carpool lane, gleefully pulling over people who were not carpools but were convinced they were important enough to count as two for the purposes of HOV lane driving.
One was even waiting at the most brilliant place I've seen yet: when you actually exit the express lanes via the HOV lane, you go through a tunnel and come to a place where it splits. One goes right and the other left, but both exits require you to be a carpool to use them. There is no way out! You can't get past a cop without him seeing you. He was sitting just at the juncture of these spots today, and it was brilliant. I cackled madly upon seeing this.
We've been reporting people we see who are driving in the HOV lane without actually being carpools pretty regularly now, since we can't shoot them with a flamethrower *tear* and it's kind of satisfying. Nothing happens to them except they get a letter suggesting they don't understand the purpose of the carpool lane, but maybe it's giving the cops a clue that they should really start policing it better. Good. Do that instead of getting speeders. It's not like anyone can really speed during rush hour anyway, and these people are making traffic worse for everyone by stopping an entire lane of traffic so they can cut back over into the lane they want to be in. I HATE YOU ALL. I hope those tickets are expensive. Hah.
We watched some more Buffy last night, Becoming Parts 1 & 2. The end is so sad! I nearly teared up, but then I'm rather emotional lately on account of biology deciding to be pesky. Being a girl can suck at times. Then again, we get to wear pretty dresses, so I suppose it evens out.

Post a Comment