TMI Tuesday - MUSIC!!
1. What's the most annoying song in the world?
This is an easy one.
2. What's the saddest song in the world?
Another easy one. So I picked a sad version of the saddest song. Not oonly is the singer devestated by news, he's delusional that he wants her to be happy.
3. What's the sexiest song in the world?
An ex-girlfriend called me one day, out of the blue, and asked me out to lunch. She took me to the mountains and asked me to make her cum one more time before she got engaged. This song was on the radio. I posted about it here.
4. Name a new, to you, band or music artist that you can't get enough of? Post a link to one of their songs.
I'm not head over heals for any particular band right now, but the last album I bought was Mumford and Sons
5. Have you met any famous musicians?
I've shaken hands with a Chuck Mangione in the 80's, I saw Prince at the airport and David Hasselhoff at a restaurant. He counts, but only in Germany.
6. What song best describes your life?
7. How important is your partner’s taste in music to you?
Not at all really. She's not in to music so I load up a few songs she wants on the iPod in her car and she's set. She doesn't like most of the music I like so I get the kids hooked on it and let them control the iPod while we drive.
8. Do you sing in the shower?
Loudly, and very well. I have to sing loud to hit the high notes.
9. What was the last live music show you attended? Did you buy a t-shirt?
Because of my answer to #7, we don't go to a lot of concerts. We like local musical theatre which is usually bad, but fun, so the last concert I was at was the one I sang in for Christmas 2009.
10. What's the sweetest song in the world?
I don't do sweet. Something from Taylor Swift probably.
11. Can you play a musical instrument? Which one?
I play piano and saxophone (kind of) but I haven't made time to practice either on a regular basis for a long time. More piano lately as my kids have started taking lessons. I also bought a banjo last year. I'm looking for a teacher.
12. Are you in a band or are you a performing solo music artist? If yes, what kind of music do you play?
I sing in my church choir and with a quartet once in a while. Mostly church stuff and the occasional rest home during the holidays. In high school I had my own jazz/rock combo and was in everything else.
13. Have you ever dated a musician?
All through high school the band and orchestra were pretty incestuous, but since then, I've tended towards artists. The are just as flaky
14. Are you a groupie? - No
- If yes, for what artist/band? -
- If no, do you wish you were and for what music performing artist or band?
If I could be, it would be for Pink Floyd, but, well, they broke up.
Bonus: Describe your worst, best, strangest, funniest or saddest concert moment.
Elton John, sophomore year in high school - 15 years old. My older sister had an extra ticket so she reluctantly brought me. I had never been to a big concert before so she told me to stay out of her way and not embarrass her friends. While standing there, behaving myself, a beautiful girl was crying across the aisle. She made eye contact with me and I said hi and we started yelling to each over the music. Her boyfriend had dumped her during the concert and walked out. I hugged her and offered her a ride home. This was a huge leap for a kid who had never even kissed a girl, but when I told my sister about it we realized she lived 20 miles the wrong direction and my sister wouldn't have anything to do with it. Remember, this was all pre-cell phones so we danced next to each other for the rest of the concert and I had a boner the whole time. I never saw her again, but it was quite a memory.
One other one, I was at the B-52's many years ago and had seats in the nosebleed section. The girl, tall, killer brunette hair, great eyes, was wearing a sport coat and a lacy bra over super tight and small shorts. We talked, flirted, and I impressed my friends be getting a phone number. It turned out to be fake, but still, I made the effort.
Bonus, Bonus: If you listen to the radio, what station and type of music are you tuned to the most?
KROQ!!!

Post a Comment