Latest Movie :

This weekend was just lovely.

We were lazy for a lot of it, but chores were also done! While Patrick mowed the lawn, I vacuumed and swept, watered plants and scrubbed the toilet. I wish I could've typed "toilets" there, but sadly we only have one. When we eventually buy a place, it will have two toilets. Preferably at opposite ends of the house, but I'm easier on those details. Why would anyone build a toilet right in the middle of a house and then not equip it with a loud enough fan to give 747 engines a run for their money? Do they enjoy listening to other people's bodily functions? I don't know, but I don't. I don't even like my own, but I sort of have to be there for those. It's sad.

Last night we decided we'd spent just about enough time being recluses, so we got dolled up and went down to Volterra in Ballard for a delicious dinner. Wine was had (can't remember the name, but it was a red supertuscan), as were numerous yummies:
  • Bruschetta Volterrana (Bruschetta Volterrana)
    Tuscan bread slices topped with a mushroom and truffle puree and minced artichokes
  • Assorted Cured Meats (Salumi Assortiti e Pecorino Toscano)
    Locally hand crafted and imported cured meats with Tuscan Pecorino
  • Dungeness Crab Ravioli (Ravioli coi Granchi)
    House made organic egg pasta filled with Dungeness crab, chives and Mascarpone tossed in a light tomato cream topped with baby mache
  • Beef Tenderloin Medallion (Filetto di Manzo al Rosmarino)
    Grilled beef tenderloin draped in pancetta, and topped with a rosemary, garlic, Chianti, and demi-glaze sauce; served with Volterra mashed potatoes, and seasonal market vegetables
  • Chestnut Panna Cotta
    Tuscan chestnut honey panna cotta with seasonal fruit
  • Chocolate Hazelnut Cannoli
The cannoli was on the specials menu, which I cannot find online for a full description, but it was scrumptious. Amazingly I didn't go with my standard dungeness crab ravioli, that was Patrick. (Although he did graciously share a few bites and his salad with me, in exchange for some of my steak and all the asparagus, which I can't stand.) I'd decided beforehand that I was in the mood for something dark and rich and sexy, and while very tasty, crab ravioli does not exactly check those boxes. The medium-rare tenderloin with demi-glaze, however, particularly when paired with the very flavorful wine we chose, satisfied me completely. It was perfectly prepared, and a beautiful piece of beef. Every single bite was pleasurable.

It isn't cheap to go out and have lovely dinners like this, but the experience can really be worth it. So long as you don't do it too often, of course. Besides, what is money for if not experiencing the pleasures available to us in life? You can't take it with you, so you might as well enjoy some of it. This dinner was totally worth it.

I hope you all had wonderful weekends as well!
Share this article :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2011. oncall sex for life - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger