This thing is seriously almost magical. I can't believe it. You mow the lawn and then you don't have to rake! Magic! The other old mower we were using for a year belongs to the landlady's son, and I'm pretty sure it isn't aware that mulching is even possible, but the new one that we bought ourselves.... oh my. Yes, I am that impressed. Words cannot convey how much I hate raking up a huge lawn after it's just been mowed, particularly if the grass is a bit damp. So to have that hated chore gone makes me one cheery girl.
I planted peas, arugula, and a couple varieties of lily of the valley yesterday. The peas are in a long rectangular container perched on the front porch's railing so they can climb up the currently unoccupied trellis. I think at one point the owner had put clematis there, but it didn't enjoy the heat of the house's south side and gave up the ghost, so I figured peas would fill in the bare spot nicely.
The arugula I put in a pot on the back porch, and hopefully those seeds sprout in short order. If I recall correctly from the last time, it doesn't take very long before they're coming up. Particularly with all the sun we're getting this week! The lilies of the valley are on either side of our front door in matching pots. It all looks very homey, if I do say so myself. I'll have to take a picture for you so you can see. In the meantime, I have one of the fuchsia which is joyfully blooming in its hanging pot to the right of the front door:
| This is a happy plant right here. |
I had a dentist appointment today, and it went well. No cavities, which I guess isn't surprising considering I had all that work done just four months ago. I am such an adult. I am so proud of myself! It's kind of silly how mature I feel taking myself in for my own dental cleanings, haha. Like maybe I deserve a gold star or something. Probably not a cookie, since that would be a little inappropriate.
Anyway, I'm just glad this place seems to be reputable and doesn't try to rip you off for stuff you don't need. There are so many dentists reviewed online that seem to be unscrupulous creeps out to screw everyone's insurance company. I picked this one because all the reviews were really great and it was very close to my house, and I'm perfectly happy. They even pronounce my name correctly, which is a nice bonus.
Hopefully Patrick and I will have a nice sushi dinner tonight and then go see The Avengers! I've heard it's great, and of course I've been looking forward to it since Joss Whedon wrote and directed it. Maybe I'll do a review. It's been a while since I actually reviewed a movie (gushing about The Hunger Games doesn't count). I know you're all just dying to read my take on it! haha
Much love, everyone. Cheers!
P.S. Congratulations to my baby sister, who just last Saturday graduated from veterinary school with honors! Now it's on to the vaunted job search, and I hope she gets one relatively close so we can visit now and then.

Post a Comment