
Pointy and cold. Please stab with caution.
UW and Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center were both closed today, which was just as well. Apparently the wonderful city of Shoreline has declined to plow, well, anything. Seattle itself plowed up to 130th or so, and then stopped. We live near 201st. So there are about 70 blocks of bad between us and anything resembling a clear road. Very cold here, around 28F all day. I'll be interested to see if Wednesday brings any sort of melting. Doesn't really look likely. I guess I'm getting an unwanted week off?
Better than getting mashed on the road. I looked at the traffic reports last night around 9:30 and areas were still solidly black with congestion. The list of blocking problems (accidents, etc) extended for a full two pages. I am so relieved I didn't try getting downtown. My poor friend J was on the road from 3:55pm to something like 8:30. I'm amazed she didn't run out of gas. Absolutely horrible traffic.
I will say, though, that it is interesting looking at snowfall through a skylight. I've never done that before. At first it looked quite fluffy, but then I think it melted and froze a few times, and now it looks iced over with a coating of snow on top. My phone claims there is more snow to come. I guess we'll see. It looks pretty clear out right now.
Melt! Please!

Post a Comment